Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fried Ramen


As promised here is the recipe for my famous Fried Ramen!








Ingredients:

1 packet Ramen
-I recommend Maruchan over Top Ramen. Flavor is your choice.
1 cup Water
Fresh Ground Pepper (optional)

Bring 1 cup Water to boil in medium sized pot. **DO NOT USE THE RECOMMENDED 2 CUPS OF WATER!** Keep heat on Medium High. Open packet of Ramen and add noodles. Use spatula to flip Ramen brick when the underside starts to become soft. When able break apart ramen brick so noodles are free. Add flavor packet.

Stir constantly till water is nearly gone (see below picture, Ramen should freely move, do not let it stick to the pan). Remove from heat.















Place 10" non-stick frying pan on burner and let it heat. Now is the perfect time to add pepper if you wish. Drop Ramen into pan and spread out evenly (see picture). Use spatula to break Ramen free when able, this will take a moment. Be careful not to let it burn. When Ramen is broken free

FLIP IT!















You can use the spatula to flip but using the pan handle is way more fun. I wouldn't recommend taking a picture while doing it. Or maybe do and post it as a comment. I bet it doesn't work very well.

Grab a plate! Once flipped the Ramen will only take 10-15 seconds to finish cooking.

Now enjoy alone or with friends as pictured.

6 comments:

  1. Yum! I have always wanted to do something more with my ramen! How long should you cook it after you flip it the 2nd time in the frying pan?

    ~Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to add that, but once it's flipped you just need enough time to grab a plate from a cupboard. It only takes about 10 seconds to finish. I'll edit my post to add this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good if you add some veggies to it too, can add meat also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that looks awesome i am gonna have to try it! i think i might put some steamed broccoli in as well .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never made it with anything added to it. It's more of a snack since ramen doesn't have any real substance to it. One thing my recipes will promote is experimentation. Don't follow them to the letter and try different things out. That's how I came up with them in the first place. I'm cooking for Bria tonight so I'll probably have another one up tomorrow or something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Before you put it in a skillet to fry it, add a little oil, cabbage, beef, etc. Add noodles and stir fry until brownish. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete